First of all, I don’t want to mislead you. There is no “secret” exercise that will magically make your man boobs disappear. HOWEVER, let’s take a look at some strategies we can employ that have a good chance of helping you get rid of man boobs:
- Boost testosterone with strength workouts that focus on lifting HEAVY for low reps
- Increase your body’s fat-burning human growth hormone (HGH) levels by doing several High Intensity Interval (HIIT) workouts per week
- Eat less (combined with training more) to create a calorie deficit and gradual fat loss, week after week.
The importance of testosterone
Although the general opinion suggests that you cannot “punctually cut” fat, real experience shows that hormone levels play an important role in where we accumulate fat.
Just look at the differences between men and women. The higher levels of estrogen in women cause them to accumulate fat in their breasts, hips and buttocks. Men, on the other hand, tend to gain stomach fat.
More specifically, bodybuilders who abuse steroids (they basically overload their bodies with synthetic testosterone) eventually cause the body to produce excessive amounts of the female hormone estrogen. This leads to the accumulation of fat in the breasts, also called man boobs or gynecomastia.
So since injecting testosterone is obviously not the way to go, we need to maximize our testosterone levels, NATURALLY.
Lifting heavy weights in the 4-8 rep range can help the body release greater amounts of testosterone.
Increased testosterone with heavy compound elevators
When it comes to testosterone release, nothing beats movements like the squat and deadlift. Your body is forced to move a LOT of weight and muscle groups are fully activated from head to toe.
So ideally, you’ll want to buy a set of olympic weights, get a couple of training sessions in proper form (crossfit trainers are great for these kinds of tips), and do 2-3 general strength workouts per week consisting of the following types of movements:
- Deadlift or squat
- Horizontal pushing movement (dumbbell bench press, incline dumbbell press, etc.) or vertical pushing movement (dumbbell shoulder press, military press)
- Horizontal Pull Movement (Dumbbell Rows, Body Weighted Rows) / Vertical Pull Movement (Weight Pull-Up)
- [To keep your body balanced, perform horizontal pushing motions on the same days as horizontal pulling motions, vertical press on the same day as vertical pulls]
Okay, but what if I have a limited budget?
Coaching – Proper form is essential to preventing injury, but you can learn most of what you need to know on YouTube; for example, there are several GREAT videos on deadlift forms.
Team – It’s pretty tough to beat an Olympic weight set. Even if that’s all you have, you can at least deadlift, which many agree is the ULTIMATE strength move, especially for hormonal activation. Check Craigslist for deals, these outfits can often cost around $ 100.
If that doesn’t work for you, experiment with sandbag training. Get yourself an old army surplus duffel bag, buy a few gravel bags and throw them on the tarp, and practice lifting it up. You can do A LOT with this simple kit and it shouldn’t cost you more than about $ 15.
When it comes to pushing and pulling motions, here are some great options – remember that you can add weight as you gain strength by tossing a bit of gravel into your backpack.
- Horizontal pressure movements – (Reject Push-Ups: Place your feet about 2 feet off the ground. For more difficulty, try it out on a DIY suspension trainer (do a Google search for several great tutorials).
- Vertical pressure movements – Push-ups (once you’ve developed push-up strength), sandbag shoulder press, push-ups (see YouTube for details)
- Horizontal pulling movements – Body row on DIY suspension trainer (elevate feet for added difficulty)
- Vertical pulling movements – Pullup (no chin-up bar? Throw a rolled towel over a beam), Weighted Pullups (tie some weight through your belt)
How to Get Rid of Man Boobs – HIIT Workout to Increase HGH and Burn Fat
HIIT consists of doing short, intense intervals of exercise followed by short breaks. One option is one minute of exercise, one minute of rest, repeated several times.
Here are some suggestions:
- HIIT jump rope workout to burn fat – After a few minutes of warm-up, alternate one minute of high-knee sprinting with one minute of slower jumping with both legs. Continue for 10-15 minutes.
- Belching Intervals– Burpees (do a YouTube search for instructions) are a PHENOMENAL total body conditioner. Alternate 60 seconds of burpees with 60 seconds of easy jumps, for a total of 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprint intervals – Alternate 60 seconds of vigorous running with 60 seconds of easier walking, for a total of 10 to 15 minutes.
Again, these are just a few ideas. Feel free to increase or decrease work and rest periods as you see fit.
Doing some workouts like this each week will increase HGH to burn fat. Follow each workout with a brisk 20 minute walk to take advantage of your body’s fat burning state.
There are many approaches to dieting to lose fat, and some work well for some people and not others. To start with, I would like to suggest a simple idea:
Eat until you are no longer hungry, NOT until you are full!
Eating a little less, while increasing your activity with the workouts we just covered, will help you gain muscle while gradually losing body fat, INCLUDING excess male breast tissue.
So, here are three ways to attack your target and get rid of man boobs:
- Increase Testosterone and Muscle Mass with Intense Strength Training
- Increase HGH Levels to Burn Fat with HIIT Interval Training
- Eat less to create a calorie deficit
Now all you have to do is get to work!
The Exclusive Proven 3-Step Parachuting Grooming System That Adds AT Slightest 9 – 15+ Inches To Your Unsloped Jump… In Fewer Than 8 Weeks: Click Here