The arrival of various portable media players has been a welcome idea for many users. Now they can access their media files on the go.
It should be noted that most of the downloadable multimedia files available on the Internet and those stored in millions on computers are in mp3 format. However, most of the newer media players available on the market today can only read media files that are recorded in mp4 format. This has posed a major problem for many end users who copy the files to their media players and cannot access them.
Mp4 players are current technology in the sense that they play audio and video files and a combination of several unique file formats, but they cannot play files in mp3 format.
There is a large amount of software available for download over the internet that can convert mp3 to mp4 format, but most of the time, only advanced users can.
To convert mp3 to mp4, follow these simple steps:
• Browse the Internet, download and install audio to video converters. There are many such converters available for download over the Internet. Do your research and find a suitable one. Some of them allow you to test the software for a period of time with the option to purchase it after the period has elapsed. Most of them only convert mp4 to mp3 and not the other way around, take note!
• Since there are several versions of mp4 formats, determine which format your portable media player requires to play the file you are converting. There are versions are:
o Mp4: plays audio and video files
o Mp4a: plays audio files
o Mp4b: play audiobooks
o Mp4v: play video files
o Mp4p: play protected files
• You may need to download mp4 codec if the converter you are using does not include it, most of them do. Most likely, if you downloaded the free version of converters, you will have to download the codec. The link to get it is always included in the resources / help tab. Media files will not be converted without the proper codec.
• Now select the files you need to convert. The right-click option is available on most converters. Select the format you want to convert it to or follow the instructions in the drop-down menus to continue
• After selecting the requirements for conversion, click on the convert or ‘OK’ button to complete the process.
Always remember to save your converted files in the location that you can recover. Most of the people have trouble finding the destination of the file after it has been converted and resort to going through the whole conversion process again to find the necessary file. Often times, it is stored in the same folder as the downloaded converter.
Check out more video soft Here